In todays blog post I wanted to share a powerful ranking factor that is prominent in 2022 yet is often overlooked.
This is specifically for ranking videos in Googles search results, so if you create video content – this blog post is for you.
First of all, you’ve probably noticed that videos do not always appear in the search results for some keywords.
This is because of TWO reasons:
- Not all keyword search queries are best suited for video content, hence why standard web results take up the first page.
- Google doesn’t identify any particular ‘YouTube’ video to be a suitable video that answers the searchers ‘query’.
As many of you will know, I’m BIG on YouTube video optimization and I have a very effective system for optimizing a videos title, description and tags so that it ranks the video higher in the search results. Particularly in YouTubes search results.
In fact – I developed an entire software app called TubeSerp that allows you to do that.
With that being said – to rank on the 1st page of Google, and particularly for ‘competitive keywords’ – we need to do more.
Google is starting to pay more attention to the actual video content itself, and not just video optimization and user engagement.
They’re analyzing the actual ‘spoken words’ that are used within a video. YES – the voiceover.
Google are revealing this themselves within their search results.
Here’s a few examples of what I’m referring to:
In the screenshot above you’ll see that Google has shown my video and right underneath the ‘supersized’ video thumbnail, it has displayed a snippet of my voiceover.
This has been taken from the ‘subtitles’ that they have automatically generated from my video.
As you can see, the part of the voiceover they have analyzed and displayed under my video, matches the search query very well.
This shows they are paying close attention to the actual content of the video before deciding WHO should see it.
Here’s another example:
In the example above they have timestamped 10 ‘key moments’ that they think the searcher may be interested in.
They have categorically analyzed my video and identified various sections of content.
This illustrates just how important it is to create great video content in 2022 and to delve deeply into your topic, to answer the searchers ‘query’ as precisely as possible. The more effort you put into your videos, the better results you’ll see.
So, Here’s Some Tips For You
- When recording your own videos or voiceovers – speak clearly. Pace yourself and ensure your speech is as clear and precise as can be. This way YouTube (Google) will be able to effectively convert your audio into subtitles – that they can understand.
- Whatever keyword(s) you target, be sure to comprehensively answer the searchers query. Be very precise and cover as much information as you can about that specific topic / query.
- Be sure to mention your main keyword ‘naturally’ in your video. Ideally early on, and once or twice more throughout.
- If you’re adding background music over your video or voiceover, make it subtle and non-intrusive. Lower volumes and ‘calm’ soundtracks make it easier for YouTube (Google) to extract your subtitles, and make it more enjoyable for your viewers…. and Yes, Google will know this!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and got some value from it.
As always I’d love to hear your comments – So feel free to drop a comment below!
To your success
P.s. – They’ll be some news about my ‘BRAND NEW’ upcoming software real soon – So stay tuned!